Need Help finding resource

Hello, I know this forum is not for trading. But I would appreciate any help finding a resource to re-home my brown headed parrot. I do not want to put an ad online or in the paper just to get someone who will neglect him.I would appreciate any advice on how to find a good home for him.Thanks, Jeff

Welcome to the forum.We don’t buy or sell here but offer whatever advice we can or calm a frustrated Parrot Parent. There may be a member in your area who would love to add it to their family.What is the problem? Why do you have to give him up? How old is he? What is his personality?

So what progress have you made.

Hi Liz.He is about 1 year old. Hand tame (for me at least), I have worked with him on some basic training, up, wave, target. The issue really is that I am not spending enough time with him. I’m in the Chicago area and would like to find a home for him rather than a rescue or placing an ad. I thought I might find some experienced folks here that could offer some direction in finding a good home.Thanks Jeff

Your first post came in at the start of a weekend. I don’t remember who is in Chicago. Hopefully we have a member in the area that can give you some local direction.I wish I could help but I’m in NC and don’t believe in shipping animals.Michael should be coming back on line soon. He knows everything.In the meantime, contact a bird rescue and ask them for an application for addoption so you will know what all to ask of the future family.

Hi Jeff. I’m sorry that I didn’t know about this while I was in Chicago over the weekend. I just got in late last night. Can you tell me what kind of time you are spending with him right now? Are you home much?

Are you looking to find a home for him in Chicago? Are you planning on letting his cage go with him? Do you know whether he is friendly with other birds or not? Did you get him as a baby and if so do you have the papers that came with him as well as his vet records?I’d be happy to help you find a home if you want. I’ll start asking around. If you want you can e-mail me at hungrybirdfood@yahoo.com.

ginger wrote:Hi Jeff. I’m sorry that I didn’t know about this while I was in Chicago over the weekend. I just got in late last night. Can you tell me what kind of time you are spending with him right now? Are you home much?I will admit that I can be a little slow. I just realized what your picture is. LOL

That’s too funny Liz Wonder what’s happening with Jeff

Thank you all for the reply. I am spending about 10 minutes a day with him as well as other time out of the cage. I purchased him from a breeder that shouldn’t be a breeder. I was at a flea market one day and he was sitting in this awful cage (not clean or large enough) He was a baby but no papers. He has been to an avian and was surgically sexed. I am looking to find a good home for him. I would appreciate anyone in the Chicago area contacting me. I actually live in the Rockford, IL area.Thanks, Jeff