NOT STEPPING UP

lloyds going through what i assume is a phases where hes refusing to step up. he recently turned 2

Sometimes you need your bird to step up.You place one hand in front of the bird [to step up on ]and the other [with a flat hand ]you put under his back side and push up.Saying step up

terri wrote:Sometimes you need your bird to step up.You place one hand in front of the bird [to step up on ]and the other [with a flat hand ]you put under his back side and push up.Saying step up If I did that with Ollie i would be missing some skin Not saying it doesn’t work with some birds though.

any of those could be possibilities lloyd is a lorikeet so its hard for me to try new treats i use to give him the bottlebrush flowers which was that one special treat but we moved and im not sure if theres any around yet.ive also shaved my head but he still knows its me because he attacks anyone but me and his food management has changed for the better but that was a few months ago i think the only treats i can think of now would be honey and sultanas.pushing up on him from behind would work on my other birds but not lloyd hell quickly fall buck till he hangs upside down and then quickly lift back up hes gotten to quick and outsmarts me sometimes