Not sure what to do

Hey allJust not sure what to do. We have had our nanday conure now for 3 weeks ( after it flew into our section) and after unsucessfully trying to find its owners, we decided to keep it. However I dont think its working out. It squawks loudly alot through the day and keeps trying to attack my children if they go near it. It is in the cage during the day because whenever it is out in the day time, it will eventually fly into the window and I dont want it hurting itself. I get it out in the evening and it will sit on my shoulder or on top of the cage.Just not sure what to do as I said above. I do know of a 2 families who have a sun conure and they are happy to have it. I am tempted to allow them to have it as the other conure may be great company for it. It is a shame though, as I love birds (have an aviary of budgies) and this little fella or girl is very tame - just loud and nippy and the children.Any advice much appreciated

I think the “loud” part is likely to be a feature. You could probably work with the bird and the children to make the situation better if they are old enough to understand and participate, but if there is a good home available, it is possible it’s not the right bird for your family right now, and it might be easier to let go before you get more attached. I think you are the only one who can really judge that, there is no objective right or wrong answer and it isn’t like you went out and bought the bird on a whim or something…