Parakeet flew into candle warmer

I have a yellow Parakeet. She just flew into a candle warmer. Doesn’t appear burned just has wax on her wing and underbelly. What do I do?

Unless it’s a lot of it, leave it alone, it will groom it out on its own but, my dear, in the future, please do not have any source of fire or extreme heat on when the bird is out.

I hope your not burning sented candles bad , just like non-stick cookware , heaters or hair dryers with Teflon coating , perfume , hairspray !!! The list is endless what will harm our precious birds. Study, study study ! Bird woman

I do not understand how a person could not realize the risk to their bird by burning candles of any kind where their bird could come into contact with it, but I am not here to get down on you for this, What I want to do is try to help you learn more so that you will be able to prevent this and many other " accidents" of this type in the future. To that end Please read and make yourself a copy of the lists that begin on the second page of this link. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12521 This list is a couple of years old now, but I still look at it on a regular basis because I can’t remember everything it lists. It has proven to be a very important and invaluable aid to me in giving my birds proper care and in avoiding unfortunate incidents that I could easily avoid making if I had a way to know about the risks and dangers to my birds beforehand. I think that it could be a huge help for you and your bird as well. It contains listings about safe and toxic foods, plants, trees, woods and even many household products that we don’t normally think about until we have gained some knowledge and experience in caring for our birds.

Bird woman wrote:I hope your not burning sented candles bad , just like non-stick cookware , heaters or hair dryers with Teflon coating , perfume , hairspray !!! The list is endless what will harm our precious birds. Study, study study ! Bird womanThe soy candles are supposed to be safe… not that I burn any candles in my house. I don’t normally use anything but, if I am going to have company, I simmer potpourri I make myself (nothing fancy, just regular stuff like fruit peels, cinnamon, cloves, vanilla, cardamom… that kind of stuff)

I’m sure pajarita you have the all natural thing down to a science. I’m so bad about cleaners , deodorant , hair sprays , perfumes and so on ,my granddaughter stays in the pool house when she comes to visit. She has all that hair junk and smelly lotions and perfumes on all the time , I make her take a shower before she comes into the main house. If it makes me sneeze and grossed out I can’t even imagine what it’s doing to there little noses. BW

No, not down to a science but, when you come from a third world country, you learn to make do with simple, old-fashioned things and those are, normally, pretty safe. I am bad about perfumes, myself. I LOVE perfumes and wear them all the time, only, for every day, I spray them on my body under the clothes so the birds cannot get it in their beaks if they touch me.