Parrot and macaw issues

my orange wing amazon parrots are very noisy and they seem to irritate my macaws with their loud high pitched screams and whistles. The macaws reach by a very loud scream to try to quiet them down. Also my parrots are jealous of the macaws and at one time they tried to fight with the macaws through the wire separating them. any suggestions??

For the fights through your nets, I would add a second net, and place it about 2-4 inches from the first one, creating a distance between the nets so your parrots cant reach each other. I think this is very important as a single net can lead to toes being bitten off etc! I dont have any suggestions for the noise issue though, I imagine the noise level can be quite high with 31 birds…

cml wrote:For the fights through your nets, I would add a second net, and place it about 2-4 inches from the first one, creating a distance between the nets so your parrots cant reach each other. I think this is very important as a single net can lead to toes being bitten off etc! I dont have any suggestions for the noise issue though, I imagine the noise level can be quite high with 31 birds…Definitely sort the nets out like cml said, I don’t think the noise issue can be fixed really, you could try giving them more things to do to occupy their time, if you have loads of aviaries you could try moving them further away, other than that I can’t think of anything else.

i would definately try the second net. ive asked quite a few people about their noise level with these parrots which are native to my country and they all have the same problem. even if the rain is going to fall which it do often they would make alot of noise and immitate car alarms together. i guess i have to live with it… thy are also now learning to talk so i spend alot of time with them which keeps them a bit quiet