Parrot Marketing

How much more likely are you to purchase a product with a parrot mascot, walk into a store with a parrot logo, visit a wildlife park containing parrots, etc? How effective are parrots for marketing to you? What parrot products, events, or places have you visited as the result of a parrot mascot character?

Just speaking for myself, of course, but mascots and logos have no impact on me. Real parrots to see, sure, I’ll go right in, and chances are I’m going to buy something for my bird if they have anything interesting, either toys, accessories or food.

well considering i visit the spca when their website says come see our rescued birds and even find a feathered companion. i say very much! mostly there are budgies and cockatiels, finches, canaries but you find the odd lorikeet, ring-neck, galah and cockatoo. i have only seen one african grey there and he was completely bald.

I would think it has a real draw to many people,i know it catches my eye anyway, saw a CBS news article on pet birds the other day and they’re the 3rd most popular pet in the US. Maybe we need a line of parrot Bumper Stickers? Honk if U2 have a U2 A little off track i’m sure , but parrots must hold a place in a lot of peoples hearts and wallets.

If a sign or logo has a parrot in it I’m more likely to go into the store or visit the site … not necessarily influence a purchase. It all depends on what they offer.When a store, conference, tourist attraction, etc advertises parrots it is definitely a draw for me. Prior to owning parrots I never paid attention. A perfect example is there is a place called The Bird Kingdom in Niagara Falls (Canadian side). I knew it was there in the past but was never interested in visiting. Once I got parrots and became more of an avian enthusiast I couldn’t wait to go. Unfortunately I can’t really think of a place that has a parrot mascot, so I can’t really answer that question.

I also meant things like billboards, signs, websites, etc. Are you more likely to read the contents of a billboard because it has a parrot picture on it? Are you more likely to watch or at least pick up to consider a movie with a parrot on the cover. It’s not so much about if it affects your purchasing but does it catch your attention better? I know I notice parrots in far more places since being an owner than previously.

My eye would be drawn to it, but if the content wasn’t parrot-related my attention wouldn’t last. I do find the current commercial with the parrots in it pretty amusing, but I’ve forgotten what brand is being advertised. We all notice things we have a current connection to more than we would have noticed the same things without a connection, but I don’t think that makes it effective for marketing purposes. I bought clothes at Chicos before I had a bird and I never noticed their mascot is a parrot. Now I have noticed but I buy stuff no more, nor less frequently than before.Now, if I am looking for parrot stuff, that’s different. A pet store with a sign showing parrots might warrant a stop that it wouldn’t otherwise have.

I notice parrots in marketing more than before but it doesn’t necessarily increase the appeal. I pick up a few parrot memorabilia here and there. I have a couple parrot shirts and a desktop background of parrots usually, but I wouldn’t want my house to be parrot themed.

captwest wrote:I would think it has a real draw to many people,i know it catches my eye anyway, saw a CBS news article on pet birds the other day and they’re the 3rd most popular pet in the US. Maybe we need a line of parrot Bumper Stickers? Honk if U2 have a U2 A little off track i’m sure , but parrots must hold a place in a lot of peoples hearts and wallets.They certainly have a huge place in my wallet lol. If it says parrot or has a parrot picture, it catches my attention. But, I would probably not be interested in watching a movie that has a parrot logo on it unless it is about parrots. I loved “Paulie”. and I loved the Cockatoo they showed on Ironman 2.