Parrot owner "diseases"

Help me compile a list of things that can only afflict parrot owners! The first one occurred to me at the grocery store today, don’t ask me why. Tried to think of a couple more to get the ball rolling…Parrot-tinnitus --ringing of the ears caused by constant "vocalizing"Conureysm – burst blood vessel from laughing at one’s parrot’s antics.Cockatoonal Syndrome – repetitive stress injury from repetitively scritching a cockatoo

obessive desire to say ‘awww’ then a bird does something cute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_fancier’s_lunghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psittacosis

Bird-polar disorder: behaving normally towards friends, family, and others, then behaving like a complete goofball with your birds.

Birdanoia - extreme fear/anxiety bordering on irrational/delusional thoughts that everything/everyone will harm our birdsCurrently in treatment but no progress Parrotoholism - dependancy on our parrots for our brain stimulation. No intervention needed.

TheNzJessie wrote:obessive desire to say ‘awww’ then a bird does something cute I think that’s "Awwwtism"How about:Timnehtightus – frozen expectant posture* seen in owners of subvocal* African Greys*gotta watch those iPod spell checkers…

awwcrapititus- the inability to refrain from using cuss words in the presence of a talented talking parrotgottahideitinthetrunkism- the compulsion to keep expensive items purchased from bird/pet shops in the trunk of your car until spouse/parents has vacated the home in order to conceal just how much you spent on "that bird" I have been battling this disorder for quite some time now*eclectusspecifitus- the need to identify the exact subspecies of a parrot. Named after the ever brain scrambling eclectus parrot, whose subspecies are a real pain in the rear to ID.I love this thread

entrancedbymyGCC wrote:TheNzJessie wrote:obessive desire to say ‘awww’ then a bird does something cute I think that’s "Awwwtism"rofl

I had to fix my last post, I didn’t catch the iPod spell checker changes and it made less sense, even, than it would have. ptuga72 wrote:eclectusspecifitus- the need to identify the exact subspecies of a parrot. Named after the ever brain scrambling eclectus parrot, whose subspecies are a real pain in the rear to ID.Excellent!!!Unfortunately for y’all, I came up with a few more while I was lying awake at 4 AM… Poicephalus Megaglee - state of eupohoria arising from excessive ownership of certain parrots.Pollyspastic Aviary Syndrome - a condition in uncoordinated individuals characterized by cuts, bruises and barked knuckles acquired while cleaning cages, chopping veggies or deploying bird food.Nymphicusmania - uncontrollable desire to acquire another cockatiel.Parakeegia - loss of mobility caused by excessive number of perching budgies.

i admit to this Bird-polar disorder: behaving normally towards friends, family, and others, then behaving like a complete goofball with your birds.and this… Pollyspastic Aviary Syndrome - a condition in uncoordinated individuals characterized by cuts, bruises and barked knuckles acquired while cleaning cages, chopping veggies or deploying bird food.aaaaand this. "what, more crap?"gottahideitinthetrunkism- the compulsion to keep expensive items purchased from bird/pet shops in the trunk of your car until spouse/parents has vacated the home in order to conceal just how much you spent on "that bird"i’m ready to move on with my life and start attending the meetings. who’s house shall we hold it at??!