Parrot tour of peabody parrot collection

That was great to see Michael I enjoyed that video.It would be cool to see the bones of Mango and how well his feathers would be after a few hundred years.http://youtu.be/I-rSM-4iQtk

Eeeeeeewww. Erm puke. I honestly couldnt watch that to the end.

Chantilly wrote:Eeeeeeewww. Erm puke. I honestly couldnt watch that to the end.Can you not handle watching stuffed birds theres nothing disgusting about it.

Yes, I am with you, Chantilly. Although I understand the benefit of having an extinct animal stuffed and I don’t feel repulsed by them, I am not, generally speaking, fond of taxidermy.

Just err, those birds were alive once. Mabye it is a boy thing I have had to hold dead chickens before and that really upsets my gut, and I have held a parrot as it died, so just the idea of holding a dead bird again is really hard for me to watch.

Chantilly wrote:Just err, those birds were alive once. Mabye it is a boy thing I have had to hold dead chickens before and that really upsets my gut, and I have held a parrot as it died, so just the idea of holding a dead bird again is really hard for me to watch.I wouldn’t wanna hold dead chickens or my dead bird well I would obviously hold my dead bird if it was just after dying as I did twice but holding a stuffed animal is completely different its not like its gonna rot.

I don’t think that Chantilly dislikes holding a dead animal because of the possibility of rotting. If she is like me, she dislikes it because the life is gone from them. And that is why I dislike stuffed animals, it’s the look and feel of something that should be alive and it’s not. It’s sad and unnatural and feels all wrong…

Pajarita wrote:I don’t think that Chantilly dislikes holding a dead animal because of the possibility of rotting. If she is like me, she dislikes it because the life is gone from them. And that is why I dislike stuffed animals, it’s the look and feel of something that should be alive and it’s not. It’s sad and unnatural and feels all wrong…Im not even talking about anyone

Pajarita wrote:I don’t think that Chantilly dislikes holding a dead animal because of the possibility of rotting. If she is like me, she dislikes it because the life is gone from them. And that is why I dislike stuffed animals, it’s the look and feel of something that should be alive and it’s not. It’s sad and unnatural and feels all wrong…Thats exactly it, for me holding, touching or simply looking at one would be reminding me that something died, and that is sad dor me even if I did not know the animal personally. not something I really want to be thinking of.