Parrot vocalization and play

hey so here is my situation. i adopted my african grey 10 months ago. she never used to be loud at all. talking a whistling were as loud as she would get. over the last twomonths she has been screeching more and more.in the morning and evening she still just talks and whistles like normal. The screeching only occurs when she plays upside down. im kinda curious why this behavior has started. even if she doesnt have a toy in hand she will hang upside down and play with her foot =) and screech very loudly.it doesnt seem to be a problem for her but it can be irritating at times (i just ignore it ) . i understand loud is part of owning a bird i just thought it odd that this has been increasing in frequency and duration over the last couple months. i was wondering if anyone has some insight into the situation. i was wondering if spring being on the way has anything to do with the increase. she also has had feathers coming in and i know those are sensitive but she still plays like a psycho so that may be part of it. im also going to try to move some of her toys around to different places to see if that makes any difference.

Maybe she’s getting accustomed to your home now and is comfortable enough to start really playing and letting loose.Hanging upside down when playing is usually a good sign of a happy bird, the screaming is because she’s so excited.Maybe give her foot toys that she can lay in the bottom of the cage and play with? The spring thing could also be a factor but i doubt that the activity will stop,lessen up maybe.You could also try playing with her and “wear her down” before the screaming/play starts.Playing with her after she starts screaming might give her the wrong signal. The hanging upside down and playing is also more of a younger bird thing to do ,not that older birds don’t do it,just not as much, especially with lots of gusto. Good Luck i hope that was the insight you were looking,Richard

Our Cape does the same thing when he’s playing vigorously. It took several months of living with us before he began really letting loose. Fortunately, he doesn’t do it for hours… just a few minutes at a time. If it is associated with playing and not a demand for attention of an expression of unhappiness or fear, I think… maybe try some earplugs?