Parrots and ferrets?

Just wandering, does anyone have both? I did as a kid, but I had parents helping me out back then. I’m considering getting a ferret, and while I would never let both animals out at the same time, I’m worried that if I turn my back for a second disaster could strike.

Parrot + Ferret = DisasterNever keep both in the same home.

Michael wrote:Parrot + Ferret = DisasterNever keep both in the same home.i disagreeparrot + ferret + irresponsible owner = disaster

TheNzJessie wrote:parrot + ferret + irresponsible owner = disasterparrot + irresponsible owner = disaster, period

I would definitly say it can work. I have a hunting dog in my home with my parrot and it works. Yes it takes a lot of responsibilty but you cant be a good parrot owner if you arent responsible. I have owned ferrets though not at the same time as a parrot. They can definitly be dangerous if in the same room as a parrot so I would never let the ferret out in the same room as the parrot, not even if the parrot is in the cage and vice versa. Both animals in different rooms at all times and yes, I think it wouold work.

Michael wrote:TheNzJessie wrote:parrot + ferret + irresponsible owner = disasterparrot + irresponsible owner = disaster, periodi have to completely agree with that.but having a multi species house is not impossible. it should only really be avoided with irresponsible people. and should only be done if you have own both types of animals before and know them inside out

My friend had a ferret in its cage in the same room as the bird cage. Everything seemed fine, but she did have to rehome the birds for other reasons. However, I have heard very bad things about having a ferret with any prey animal in the house. I would be curious on what people end up saying in this thread.

Cage Cleaner wrote:My friend had a ferret in its cage in the same room as the bird cage. Everything seemed fine, but she did have to rehome the birds for other reasons. However, I have heard very bad things about having a ferret with any prey animal in the house. I would be curious on what people end up saying in this thread.ferrets are prey animals, but its not impossible to keep both parrot and ferret at the same time, like its not impossible to own a cat and a parrot.

I’ve heard about this. Ferrets are predators and are attracted to fast moving objects like parrots. Putting them together is a LARGE risk, but not impossible

parrotsareyay wrote:I’ve heard about this. Ferrets are predators and are attracted to fast moving objects like parrots. Putting them together is a LARGE risk, but not impossibleBut having them in two seperate rooms at all times isnt exactly ‘putting them together’