Parrots or Pigeons?

A pigeon… i mean parrot guy in Taiwan

AMAZING. How did he get them back in the cages? It would be like putting toothpaste back in a tube.

Now this is how parrots are meant to live, not in filthy cages for people’s amusement.

Are you kidding me? Didn’t you see how he piles them into tiny cages 20 at a time? He’s sticking incompatible species into tiny cages all mixed together. Obviously he doesn’t care about them any more than a racing flock.

They don’t seem to mind what species they are. This great man teach tolerance and flying to his beloved parrot friends.

He hasn’t taught them anything. He just feeds them when they fly back home. Pigeons and much dumber animals (like horses) all do this. He’s demonstrating about the lowest level of parrot intelligence/capability. They are capable of learning far more advanced behavior but instead he’s just holding them back to far simpler/wilder levels. The way he had the greys piled up on top of one another in the cage on his scooter was simply barbaric. It was interesting that the parrots learn to flock and home but it’s not a skill he taught them. Those parrots are living in much more horrid conditions than the majority of pet parrots. Furthermore I’m sure he doesn’t care if a few get lost or snatched by a predator here and there cause he has so many.

To be fair, free flight like that with natural sunshine is extremely healthy to parrots. Even if they are crammed into small cages in the evening, most companion parrots spend their lifetime in a room, which is pretty much a large cage- often clipped. I thin the flight opportunities more than make up for the inadequate housing.

It seems to me that the birds are housed in those little cages just for sleeping.It shows in the video that the birds were let out to fly freely from the moment the sun is rising to sun set. I was under the impression that since a lot of parrots sleep very close together in flocks anyway that they didn’t particularly seem too upset by the smaller space at bedtime here in this video.Although, I do agree that it would be a LOT better to give them more space for sleeping, I still think he does a good job of keeping the birdies happy.

Michael wrote: He’s demonstrating about the lowest level of parrot intelligence/capability. They are capable of learning far more advanced behavior but instead he’s just holding them back to far simpler/wilder levels. How is having birds ‘free fly’ back to their food any less advanced than having your birds do little ‘tricks’ for food? All of the effort you’ve put in to conditioning your wild parrots into more suitable pets was done by using food. Subjective alert but I would argue that training parrots to fly back to an owner’s home is no less intelligent than training a bird to roll over or whatever.Michael wrote:It was interesting that the parrots learn to flock and home but it’s not a skill he taught them. Those parrots are living in much more horrid conditions than the majority of pet parrots. Furthermore I’m sure he doesn’t care if a few get lost or snatched by a predator here and there cause he has so many.Call me crazy but keeping parrots in cages most of their lives to the point where they don’t even know how to fly are far worse living conditions for any bird. I’ve seen some of your videos are they’re very encouraging to me because they show that both you and your parrots benefit from eachother. However, as you must know from being on this forum for so long that most people aren’t like you and they put their own twisted ideas of how birds should be treated and act over how they would normally in the wild. Also, that guy’s building must be a great place for cats to hang out >:D