Pet owners putting parrots up for adoption because they are interrupting zoom calls during lockdown

This makes me sick to my stomach. I couldn’t give my babies up for anything!!

WTF!!!:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I have been remote for a long time and my babies stay out on their perch. If I have a meeting where I am going to be talking a lot and can’t mute my microphone, I put them in another room until the zoom meeting is over.

If they are getting rid of their pet because it is “squawking” during a meeting, they never deserved the bird in the first place.

It’s not like you have meetings for 8 hours a day. Even if you have a lot of meetings you can mute your microphone after you are done speaking so no one hears your bird.

If the bird screams a lot then put her in the other room until the meeting is finished.

Some people don’t deserve these beautiful creatures especially if it is that easy for them to give em up.

1 Like

This year, they took in 88 birds during the same period - a 70 per cent increase compared to last year.

The adoption facility seen a 70% increase in parrot adoptions? This annoys and angers me to no end.