Rocko's Morning Walk

Rocko came with me to bring my little sister to school.Its great when your on your summer holidays

Explore Brandon Faustino

Did you have him outside without a harness? If a wind blew up he would be in the next neighborhood in a heartbeat.I had Myrtle on my shoulder when I answered the door. A wind came up and flipped the door open then sucked Myrtle off my shoulder and out in the yard. It was awful. It blew from all directions and finally flipped her higher. She landed on the top twig of my neighbors tree. The only thing that saved her was that she is a strong flier and fought the wind. A little cockatiel could not survive.

liz wrote:Did you have him outside without a harness? If a wind blew up he would be in the next neighborhood in a heartbeat.I had Myrtle on my shoulder when I answered the door. A wind came up and flipped the door open then sucked Myrtle off my shoulder and out in the yard. It was awful. It blew from all directions and finally flipped her higher. She landed on the top twig of my neighbors tree. The only thing that saved her was that she is a strong flier and fought the wind. A little cockatiel could not survive.He is wearing a harness I would never bring him out without it when I put pictures on here the full picture dosent show but if you click the picture you can see he is wearing a harness.

And why did you have Myrtle on your shoulder when you answered the door like you said a strong wind could pick him up and it did

Sorry, I didn’t see the harness.When Myrtle finally trusted me she claimed my shoulder. I have never had my door pull out of my hand before so never thought about her being sucked out by the wind. Now when I go to the door she will jump off before I get there. If I forget she is on my shoulder and I go out on the back deck she will dig her nails in me to hold on.

Rocko is a pretty bird . What size harness do you have him in? I am looking to get Connor a aviator but I don’t really know about sizes. I would love to take him out but there are so many hawks around that I want to get a good harness before I do.

I saw a video on face book. A man had his cockatoo out in a park to fly. A hawk showed up and the Too flew as fast as he could back to the man but not fast enough. Just as the Too landed the hawk landed on the man too. It tried to fight the man to get the Too. Someone had to help to scare the hawk away.

wow. I am glad neither of them were hurt. I love hawks and always have and it is amazing the things they will do to get food.

Blu wrote:Rocko is a pretty bird . What size harness do you have him in? I am looking to get Connor a aviator but I don’t really know about sizes. I would love to take him out but there are so many hawks around that I want to get a good harness before I do. Rocko has a size X-small the petite is for cockatiels but it didnt fit Rocko so we got him the X-small and it fits great I think its a great harness Rocko goes everywhere with me.

Sounds like fun. I took him out in his clear carrier for a little bit and he was amazed it seemed at the trees haha.