So I went to Everybody's Bird Mart and made a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w2gPZMJImM&feature=youtu.be I’d say it was a pretty awesome experience, but I really wish they’d do some sort of screening for the vendors they allow there. I saw some pretty bad conditions like rotten, molded apples left in a cage for the bird(s) to eat, severely plucked bodies, aggression in birds that were out to attract customers, and toward the end of the mart, there was a very young Senegal that managed to get halfway out of its cage, when I pointed it out to the breeder, and he promptly smacked it back in in its face with his palm as the poor thing made frustrated screaming when it saw the hand coming. I sort of wish I’d kept quiet One group of breeders that stuck out to me the most was Anza Valley Exotic Birds. They had a very tame princess parrot out on top of its cage for customers to pet and hold, and to the side, a big open-top playpen with lovebirds, budgies, and a bunny getting along happily eating food together.I’d also brought Daisy along, and I can’t even remember the number of times she jumped off of me and to the floor/into walls to try and get to the other birds. It made me a bit sad, but I guess it just shows that we still have some bonding and training to do. Overall, it was pretty fun and entertaining to look at all the birdies!

I just can’t bring myself to go to those things…it breaks my heart in two!! I wanna take them ALL home… You might want to reconsider taking Daisy to those events if they are withing closed doors. Too many little nastys could be invading the air space, & she could easily breath those in.

I was also thinking the same thing, I would be worried about diseases. Although I don’t support these sorts of things it was neat to see all those different bird species.Wow the violet backed starling is amazing! I had to go look that up. Didn’t even know they existed. Gorgeous! Also I kind of have a thing for turacos. There’s a place near where I live that’s like a Safari. They have a ton of animals and amazing birds including turacos and I must say it was pretty awesome to visit.

Yeah, someone on another forum told me the same thing about disease spreading. I hadn’t thought of that before I went, but now that I know, I’ll leave Daisy behind next time, thanks!

Utoomom wrote:I just can’t bring myself to go to those things…it breaks my heart in two!! I wanna take them ALL home… You might want to reconsider taking Daisy to those events if they are withing closed doors. Too many little nastys could be invading the air space, & she could easily breath those in.Yeah, I’m the same way.

hlasdf wrote:Yeah, someone on another forum told me the same thing about disease spreading. I hadn’t thought of that before I went, but now that I know, I’ll leave Daisy behind next time, thanks! ~~~~

GreenWing wrote:Utoomom wrote:I just can’t bring myself to go to those things…it breaks my heart in two!! I wanna take them ALL home… You might want to reconsider taking Daisy to those events if they are withing closed doors. Too many little nastys could be invading the air space, & she could easily breath those in.Yeah, I’m the same way.Matter of fact, I cant go to any events when it comes to fids…too many people still believe that birds belong only in a cage…