Some games to play with parrots

what are some games that parrots really LOVE playing? what kinds of things do ya’ll do when you let the birds out of their cage to play? thanks!

When the budgies are out, I put some small balls, like the types meant for cats. They like pushing them around. Einstein has NO interest in the balls. Which is kind of disappointing, because I wish I could have a soccer tournament, budgies vs cockatiel. Oh well. Einstein really likes to do whatever I’m doing. If I’m reading, he needs to have a piece of paper. If I’m on the computer, he needs to be pushing the buttons on the keyboard (typing takes twice as long now). Recently, his new favorite game is wolf whistling back and forth. But all in all, Einstein would rather have his head scratches all day long.

skeetersunconure wrote:what are some games that parrots really LOVE playing? what kinds of things do ya’ll do when you let the birds out of their cage to play? thanks!Flying every place you don’t want them and then pooping there.

Michael wrote:skeetersunconure wrote:what are some games that parrots really LOVE playing? what kinds of things do ya’ll do when you let the birds out of their cage to play? thanks!Flying every place you don’t want them and then pooping there.

Alot of birds find entertainment out of music, I know my Hahn’s Macaw and African Grey[especially] love their music. They like to make noises with the beat, and our African grey even sings for us! Most birds love anything with a good beat! Also you can try and play peek-a-boo, I taught my Hahn’s macaw this very simply, although I’m not sure how well a sun conure would learn this like my Macaw did, but I’ll tell you how I did it anyways.First I covered her with a blanket, [as she is not afraid of them], lifted it up and in an exciting voice said “PEEK-A-BOOO!” After an intense moment of staring at me, she repeated it back to me! As our game progressed, I also covered myself, and she would pipe out with “Peek-a-boo”, telling me to reveal myself. Another game that some [not all] birds like to play is fetch. The sun conure we had at our pet store did this to us. After eating what she wanted out of her foraging dish, she would toss it off of her cage, and watched with amusement as we picked it up and put it back on her cage. She would do this whenever she was in a playful mood, and with a little research, we found out that she was playing a reverse game of fetch, US as her fetchers.

Alot of birds find entertainment out of music, I know my Hahn’s Macaw and African Grey[especially] love their music. They like to make noises with the beat, and our African grey even sings for us! Most birds love anything with a good beat!Einstein always sings along to the music!

I would colour with my cockatiel when I had her. When I brought her out to play I set us up with scrap paper and some non-toxic crayons, since they were small enough for her to pick up. Some days she was more inclined to take the paper off them, but she’d pick up different colours and scribble with them.