Some more paintings

In those few splashes of spare time I have found every rare here and there lately, I hve litterally become addicted to my accrilics (who before now I absolutely hated and did not know how to work with, im figuring it out finally so woohoo.)

BG party hat, this is actually for a birthday card, so it is on A6 (textured) paper		

In progress of Blue fronted amazon, the lighting here is better than the finished.		

That was that finished.		

Started this guy this afternoon, reference was a photo of Yoshi the conure, (see link below.)			image.jpg (52.24 KiB) Viewed 1668 times

Credit to Yoshi the conure tongue.....tongue.....s  (Yoshi tongue pics here-  http://rebloggy.com/post/animals-birds- ... 2111111942 ) 

Excellent work ! keep it up.I think that acrylics have all of the advantages of oils without the drawbacks of oils.

Thankyou both Agreed Wolf, I have tried oils, and really disliked them… I did not have the patience for them (I did a canvas and it took 4 days to dry) on top of that I did not have the cleaner for the brushes to I ended up ruining the majority of them… oops

With oils, even when they are dry enough to touch they are not really dry and even with a fixative they require special handling and take years to dry and when they do that, they require cleaning and expert touch up in order to restore then to the original condition. I really do enjoy your artwork, I only wish sometimes that my artwork were as good as yours.

Wolf wrote:With oils, even when they are dry enough to touch they are not really dry and even with a fixative they require special handling and take years to dry and when they do that, they require cleaning and expert touch up in order to restore then to the original condition. I really do enjoy your artwork, I only wish sometimes that my artwork were as good as yours.Thankyou Wolf Birds are pretty much all I can confidently draw, cats and hands are my worst weaknesses… followed by flowers…What about you? What sort of things do you like to draw/pyoggraphy (i think i spelt that wrong )