Sun Conure Names?

I’m getting my sun conure soon (i get to visit him tomorrow ) and I would like to come up with a name.First of all, no common names like Sunny or Mango or Tiki or Kiwi. I thought I had a good name ( Temo, means strong) but i realized it rhymed with my aunt and uncles African grey, Remo. So it seems weird now and I’m not sure. I would prefer a shorter name , like 2 syllables so it would be easy to teach to my bird (if he learns to talk).Thank you!

If I am stuck for a name, I have always liked to google translate words such as love, peace ect into another language. There are some really pretty ones out there and they will be unique to your country. Here are some I like.Amai = Japaneese for sweetTori = Japaneese for birdHeiwa= Japaneese for peaceMilaya= Russian for sweetEdit: just re read and saw you are getting a male, here are some more masculine ones Avem= Latin for birdChanson= French for songKuvvet= Turkish for strengthTaiyo= Japaneese for solar

I almost always call my animals with people’s names that have two syllables and end in an ‘ah’, ‘oh’ or ‘ee’ sounds but the only reason for this is that it’s easiest for dogs to recognize names like that, in reality, I don’t know if it makes any difference to parrots. The one thing that I do take into consideration with parrots is to choose a name that will be easy for them to pronounce.

This post has been overwritten by an open source script.

Curious Diode wrote:I’ve named all my pets technology or computer related things. My two green cheeks are named Digit (for ones and zeroes), and Ajax (for asynchronous java and xml). If you are thinking about getting another bird or other pets you could pick a theme for names and not have trouble finding names again, I thought about using Norse mythology but ended up going with technology.That is so cool! I have already picked out what I will name my possible future parrots if they do not already have a name, if I get another lorikeet ever it will be a ‘Stich’ as in Lilo and Stich. (Shrek and Stich)And if I ever get another conure or another similar bird, I have chosen ‘Sestra’ -Ukaranian for sister, (from Helena on orphan black )My Mum once said she felt sorry for all my future children, because, beleive it or not, I named my first chicken ‘No-Name’ for a period of time, as I was so badly stuck to find a suitable name.

Well, I am sure that the chicken did not mind at all! I don’t ‘plan’ names in advance (well, I did with the kids, of course, just not with the animals), I wait until I have the animal and then look for a name that, somehow (and this is only in my mind, of course ) fits it.

Pajarita wrote::lol: Well, I am sure that the chicken did not mind at all! I don’t ‘plan’ names in advance (well, I did with the kids, of course, just not with the animals), I wait until I have the animal and then look for a name that, somehow (and this is only in my mind, of course ) fits it.If I did get a parrot and the name really did not fit the names personality I would choose otherwise, I just really like these names, … Sestra and Stich are moreso names I like that fits Tilly and Shrek personality. Tilly is like a sister to me, and Shrek is cheeky destructive and cuddly like Stich

Hey! Nothing wrong with planning ahead! As you say, you can always change the names if the one you were thinking of really does not suit.