Suspect My Lost Bird is Listed for Sale

As many of you know, we lost our African Grey about 2 weeks ago. There is an ad in a local newspaper for an African Grey for sale. We had a friend call the number and ask questions. The lady could not give a straight answer about how and when she acquired the parrot and generally sounded very suspicious. She would not give her address for this person to come look at the Grey. [Nothing was mentioned about our lost parrot]. Now we can not get the lady to answer the phone or return any calls. She has multiple listings in the same newspaper selling a wide variety of miscellaneous items, such as wood burning stove, tool box for a truck, and building materials. She is located about 30 miles from where our baby flew. Her number is 501-981-9673What would you do? The police will not get involved. Karmakarma.smoke@gmail.com

How long have you been trying the number for?Only thing you can do really is keep trying to contact her and make out you want to buy the bird (without asking how she got it) go and see it and if it is your bird, pretend to be buying for someone else and go back to your car to tell them the bird is suitable for them, in actual fact you will be calling the police. You may need to meet her away from her home in which case have someone waiting in the car to take her description, reg number etc whilst you distract her.I really cannot understand why the police will not get involved in this matter.First thing I would do is speak to john Hayward and ask for his advice though, if it is your bird you cannot afford to muck it up.

We have tried for two days now, after the first call. Our first time to try to contact her was within an hour and a half after our friend called. I think I will contact Mr. Hayward and see if he has any recommendations. Thanks Marie! marie83 wrote:How long have you been trying the number for?Only thing you can do really is keep trying to contact her and make out you want to buy the bird (without asking how she got it) go and see it and if it is your bird, pretend to be buying for someone else and go back to your car to tell them the bird is suitable for them, in actual fact you will be calling the police. You may need to meet her away from her home in which case have someone waiting in the car to take her description, reg number etc whilst you distract her.I really cannot understand why the police will not get involved in this matter.First thing I would do is speak to john Hayward and ask for his advice though, if it is your bird you cannot afford to much it up.