Telus Commercials

Whenever I see that Telus commercial with the Lovebirds, I can’t help but giggle…regardless of where I am.Am I the only one who isn’t tempted to buy a cell phone, and just wants to cuddle the birds?

I always feel the need to explain to everyone who happens to be in the room that it is a lovebird. Same with any bird on tv that I see. Even though no one really cares

Same. I take an underground route to work everyday called The Path. And they have TV’s on the ceiling at regular intervals. And they’re all on similar stations, to the point where you can have three TV’s in a row all showing the Telus Lovebird commercial, all at different points in the commercial. I point it out to the woman I walk with almost all the time. Its just so cute. I am in the process of educating some of the people at work about birds (They ask about my wildlife pictures). And my parents (They’ll take pictures, and get me to ID them for them). Both wild and domestic birds. So far, so good! Although the people at work think I’m slightly bonkers.

zazanomore wrote:I always feel the need to explain to everyone who happens to be in the room that it is a lovebird. Same with any bird on tv that I see. Even though no one really cares My mom called it a budgie, simply because I have a budgie and I think that’s the only parrot she’s familiar with! Whenever I see the commercial I am reminded of Sputnik’s little mirror toy with four buttons that, when pressed, say different things (I love you/hello little bird, etc). I lay it on his play area and he likes to stand on the buttons, look into the mirror lovingly, and dance around until a button is depressed and makes a sound! : ) I wonder what he wishes for?