Thanks to this group

I learned how to decode the leg band! Ours was generic with no birth year but I posted an ad on kijiji and got responses immediately. We found Bella’s breeder and he just called to tell us her hatch day is November 28, 2002. I’m glad we don’t need to wait long to celebrate! We have been planning a new cage but vet bills for cats came up so decided to wait until Christmas. I think maybe for her hatch day instead!

1 Like

That`s exciting! Happy up-coming hatch-day to Bella!

I’m having trouble getting an answer on my Pionus’ legband… what is kijiji and how does it work? Is there more information about this in the band decoding thread?

thegreatkatsby wrote:I’m having trouble getting an answer on my Pionus’ legband… what is kijiji and how does it work? Is there more information about this in the band decoding thread?I am not sure where you are. I am just outside of Toronto. Kijiji is basically an online buy and sell like craigslist. A breeder I called actually suggested posting an ad in the birds section as breeders frequently place ads there and people happened to read and know who I was looking for. It is www.kijiji.ca and I believe there is a US www.kijiji.com

Hmmm… it forwards to ebay classifieds. Thanks for the tip though!

thegreatkatsby wrote:Hmmm… it forwards to ebay classifieds. Thanks for the tip though!not sure where your at but instead of kijiji try , craigslist , about the same thing and popular around here US east coast