The Unofficial Show Your Bird Picture Thread

show us your bird(s)!!!

1 Like

here is a picture of my sweet baby boy/girl (don’t know which one yet). I still lover her (:

2 Likes

what’s their name? how old are they? where’d you get em from?

They are actually the same bird. I got her from a lady that breads them here in Alabama. Her name is Baby. She is very Very curious. Also, here is another picture of her an I.

2 Likes

hee hee, I was using ‘them’ as you don’t know if it’s a boy or girl…guess I could have said ‘it’. :wink:

This is Hope, a female Blue-throated macaw. Given to me by a close friend about 3 years ago. Her species is critically endangered.

This is Jenny, my Scarlet that I hand raised from 2 weeks old. She has a birth defect that caused her parents to abandon her, and she would never survive in an aviary.

This is Sarge, a female B&G. She was neglected for the majority of her life before I got her, and has permanent skin damage so her feathers will not grow back on her chest. She also has a severe case of scissor beak. She looks rough, but is actually looking 100x better now than she did.

These are all the pictures I currently have because I just got a new phone but I’ll post more soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It is amazing what you are doing for these animals. They need care and love just like us. You have such pretty birds! What is the relationship like with birds that didn’t know you until later on in their life? It seems like it would take a lot of work to try and form a bond especially if a bond was already formed with a previous owner. Thanks for sharing :blush::grin:

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile: All of my birds (with the exception of Sarge) are very friendly and get along with everyone. My African Grey definitely has a strong bond with me, while my Cockatoo bonded well with my partner. Everyone else has no preference and will go to anyone. They are honestly just attention hogs. Sarge only interacts with me, and will only allow me to touch her, clean her cage, or feed her. It took me 6 months to be able to even get close to her. The vet suspects that someone physically abused her, so that explains a lot of her problems.

1 Like

that is so sad :confused: also, how old was your African gray when you got her/him?

1 Like

I’m curious Alice…birds need a lot of time dedicated to them…how do you manage with so many?

1 Like

that is exactly what I was thinking lol. she must be a busy mommy!!

1 Like

Hades was 5 when I got him :slight_smile: I currently work from home, so I have all day to be with the birds. Even when I worked in the zoo, they allowed me to bring my birds in for shows and informative meetings with the children. Everyone had their chance and they absolutely loved it. It sounds like it would be a lot of work with so many, but it’s really not that bad.

2 Likes

my beautiful childhood. Storm is the blue and white 5 month old, and Tweety is the green and yellow 2 year old rescue

3 Likes

I currently have 5. 2 tiels. An elenora cockatoo. A blue and gold macaw. And our newest rescue is an umbrella cockatoo we adopted a couple months ago. Our elenora we. Got from Facebook. The rest of the flock we have gotten through a rescue with the exception of the one tiel who someone knew we were part of the rescue and asked us to take in. I also bird sit for a friend a couple times a year for about a month at a time and foster for the rescue occasionally.

1 Like

omg! so cute. do they get along well with each other? also, welcome to the forum and thank you for showing us your flock! :slight_smile:

wow, I bet you stay pretty busy! how well do all of the birds get along with such a diverse group of them?

Gwydion my Jubilee macaw and newest baby

Kale our black headed caique who has a a few messed up toes

FB_IMG_1546716208281
Wally my joint custody owned Solomon island eclectus lol long story

4 Likes

wow, that is one beautiful flock! what are their personalities like? also, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing!

This is our lovebird buddy, Javier. Sweet and spicy as ever.

2 Likes

The tiels get along. My macaw and u2 dont really go close to each other when they are out. My elenora is crazy and I dont let her out when other birds are out. This weekend I took the u2 to a bord fair and he loves all people. He spent 6 hours going from person to person loving every minute.

2 Likes