Uncovering more scams

I like to browse birds for sale on many different sale sites and catch the ones that are scamming people . When I do ! I harass the hell out of them and fill there e-mail up and there disposable phone up with minutes. When I get the numbers. It’s pretty easy to recognize them cause the birds are usually cheap and it’s just another version of the same story about just looking for the right home as they have to move out of the country for some kind of Polly do-gooder reason. THIS ONE IS PRETTY DARN GOOD !!!( Malva Broilers )they have a web site and everything. They’ve made arrangments to sell me the same 2 hyacinths on several e- mail accounts.( BUSTED )You guys could mess with them too. I hate people that take advantage of others and especially using poor birds to do it. Thank god most of the time there is no birds ,there just ripping off someone elses photos and using them on there advertisements . Well I’m done venting now time to let the kids play outside ! Bird woman

I do believe that you have hit the nail on the head as to the reason for Michael’s rule #8. It does require me to decide whether I think it is a scam or not and if I decide that it is I just ban the poster and be done with it. I don’t have the time to do anything else about them.

Sometimes I stay up late at night screwing with these crooks after the kids are in bed , I think it’s my Xanax . I get so dam mad at some of the things that go on anymore . Guess it’s my way of helping a little. Bird woman( hey did you get the pics ?)

Yeah, they have common pictures of me and Dr Pepperberg on their fake testimonials section with fake names. They didn’t even try to make it not look like a scam.

Bird woman wrote:Sometimes I stay up late at night screwing with these crooks after the kids are in bed , I think it’s my Xanax . I get so dam mad at some of the things that go on anymore . Guess it’s my way of helping a little. Bird woman( hey did you get the pics ?)You have a strange hobby. At least it is not expensive.I made contact with a man in Kentucky who needed to rehome his pare of Greys. They were free but he needed the money to ship them. We had been emailing back and forth but when I told him that I do not ship animals and would rather drive the distance he just disappeared.

It is, actually, quite easy for anybody with a little knowledge of birds to spot the scams. Whenever you see a title with one species and the picture of another, you KNOW it’s a scam! Same thing with the ‘they are up to date with vaccinations’ Scammers do it with purebred dogs and cats, too.

Why is it when sites know they are absolute scams 100% obvious ,they let them continue doing business as usual. The one site and I’m not sure if I can name it , so I won’t ,is crawling with these scams one right after another with a tiny little vareyation in each one ,but same ol’ sh :arrowT , different day. There are so many scammers vying for the same poor unsuspecting shmuck, that they can’t even match up the right species for sale with the right pictures they post. I was almost one of those poor schmucks but my mom taught me that golden rule early on ,if it’s to good to be true then it probably is , and dad said you pay for what you get!!! How true it is B.W. There always vetted but nobody can ever supply you the name and location of the vet !!! Welcome to the real world.

They’re not registered in the US so US laws can’t catch them. You gotta be pretty dumb though if your breeder says you have to do a western union payment to their cousin in Nairobi so they can ship your bird from Florida.