Urrrr, what would you do?

i just got this email form the lady i got Jango from, what would you do? show details 5:14 PM (6 hours ago)Hi Jessie, I suppose you have been busy with exams. It will be nice for you to have a break from school. How is Jango ? I bet he is as cheeky as ever.The reason I’m emailing you is that I have a proposition for you. I still have two lories that A lady was supposed to buy from me. She had kept telling me that she wanted them and that her husband would pick them up when he wasn’t so busy. Anyway I haven’t heard from her in ages so I presume she has changed her mind. I would have put them on trade me if I’d known she didn’t want them. I have been thinking that you might know of some of your friends who might like a lori . If you were agreeable you could have them for free and make yourself a bit of money by onselling them. It would give you some spending money for christmas. I don’t know what you think of my idea so email me your thoughts.No pressure if you think it’s not what you would like to do. One pair of my King parrots is sitting on four eggs so hopefully she will have some lovely babies,fingers crossed. Best Regards Cathy x.

How well do you know her.Remember, nothing in life is free.

Oh that seems really, really weird. This is my take on it.I still have two lories that A lady was supposed to buy from me. She had kept telling me that she wanted them and that her husband would pick them up when he wasn’t so busy. Anyway I haven’t heard from her in ages so I presume she has changed her mind. I would have put them on trade me if I’d known she didn’t want them.So, this breeder had a couple of birds that she thought were going to someone, but those people changed their mind. Fair enough. Why (now she knows this couple aren’t interested) she’s offering them free to good home to you, instead of selling them is really weird. Are they too old to be sold as young birds or something? Has she tried to sell them on trade me and failed? I assume not from what she said, but still.I have been thinking that you might know of some of your friends who might like a lori . If you were agreeable you could have them for free and make yourself a bit of money by onselling them. It would give you some spending money for christmas.That just sounds really odd, and not something a breeder would normally do. I could be reading too much into it (It maybe just be a kind gesture on her end), but it gives me the impression that there’s something wrong with the birds behaviour/health wise and she wants to get rid of them ASAP. I’d be wary Jessie, but I’m a little paranoid about such things

I don’t know, it could be a straightforward attempt to farm out the job of finding homes … she sounds as if she may not want to be bothered and doesn’t particularly need the income. If I thought she was honestly trying to do me a favor I’d consider it, but only if I wanted to deal with the mess and hassle myself. Jessie, is this a commitment you would want? Or is it just more stuff to add to an overfilled schedule?

I’d be wondering if there was something wrong with the birds for her to give them away. But then again, sell for about 600-800 dollars here. They are a lot less expensive I’m sure in NZ.

I agree with Entranced. If you know her personally and trust her then go for it if that’s what you want. Do you want another Lori? I know Jango keeps you pretty busy. Ultimately it’s down to whether you trust this woman and whether you have the time and energy to find homes for the babies.

iv known her for a long time and he is not a breeder. she just not breed purposely or for money instead she wants her birds to go to good homes. she is quite sick at the moment (shes a older lady) and she feels the birds would be better with someone else. she finds her rainbows very demanding (as we all do) and the king parrots are happy to keep themselves entertained so shes able to keep them. i cant take them as im extremely busy

Its a tempting offer. Its just that I find it unsettling that if all she wants is to give them away, why the background story on the pair who gave up on the birds?Why not just say plainly, “I’m giving away these birds because I can’t handle them anymore because of my situation and you already have good experience handling yours, so you would be a good home for them” or something like that?But then again, some people just can’t help opening up so much detail to others. If you do decide to handle the extra load then just do your best to take care of them.

Oh my!! You’re all so cynical and suspicious!! But then again, I’m a bit of a “Pollyanna” and am too trusting! I just think its a bird lover that has seen the love Jessie has for Jango and knows that they would be loved and cared for by jessie, or that she would only let them go to good homes.Like zazanomore said… rainbow lorries are a LOT cheaper and very common is NZ and Australia…less than $100 handraised, weaned and tame from the breeder i go to.

michellet wrote:Oh my!! You’re all so cynical and suspicious!! But then again, I’m a bit of a “Pollyanna” and am too trusting! I just think its a bird lover that has seen the love Jessie has for Jango and knows that they would be loved and cared for by jessie, or that she would only let them go to good homes.Like zazanomore said… rainbow lorries are a LOT cheaper and very common is NZ and Australia…less than $100 handraised, weaned and tame from the breeder i go to.lol yea i was shocked when i got these responses i got Jango for $120 but form breeders you pay about $200-$250she also just emailed me saying the 4 king parrots hatched but 2 passed away in the night (she takes them at 4 weeks) but the other two are as happy as ever