Video:Loki enjoying her shower

Loki loves being misted she dosen’t really like showers and she never tried to bathe in anything.We all know Rocko hates showers,Baths and being misted but it has to be done and Mango dosent seem to mind being misted or a shower and Tiko loves showers and she tells you if she wants one.Reminder:Its a video

http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t472/brandon2k15/E9B0AE8F-5624-49FD-8B35-89527A005749_zpsfnrqz3ua.mp4

Great, but if I may, try misting from above.

Wolf wrote:Great, but if I may, try misting from above.This video was taken last week and I remembered to post it after giving her another today and I did it from above she loved it.She also picked up a habit of chewing the walls and the paint is coming off and I dont see it on the floor so she may be digesting it I have put her in her cage and said no when she does it and now she had Rocko doing it today.And paint is very toxic I know.I have the curtains covering it now but shes trying to get at it.

Can you move the cages a little further from the walls. and maybe block them from being moved closer at floor level, they will eventually tear though the curtains.

Wolf wrote:Can you move the cages a little further from the walls. and maybe block them from being moved closer at floor level, they will eventually tear though the curtains.Rocko only did it once and stopped when I told him too and Loki has stopped trying to get at it but she wouldn’t tear through the curtains shes not like that she doesn’t chew things this is her first time acting up.

I will be moving the cages when I get a new bed so ill have more room I have a bunk bed which takes up a lot of space and its not necessary for me to have one as I dont share a room.The bed also blocks some light from coming in the window as its high up.So when I get my new bed ill have more space and more light in the room which would be great.

Sounds wonderful to me.

Yes, more light is always good with parrots. And, Wolf is correct, tiels need to be misted from above because what you are doing is imitating rain and that’s the way they bathe in the wild (they like to hang upside down and open their wings to catch the water ). But, also be careful with how often you do it because a lot brings them into breeding condition.

Pajarita wrote:Yes, more light is always good with parrots. And, Wolf is correct, tiels need to be misted from above because what you are doing is imitating rain and that’s the way they bathe in the wild (they like to hang upside down and open their wings to catch the water ). But, also be careful with how often you do it because a lot brings them into breeding condition.I never knew that I do it about every two days.Why does it bring them into breeding season.

They live in semi arid regions of Australia and when it rains the plant life responds quickly by producing food for them and with this new abundance of food they begin breeding while they have enough food to raise their young.