Wait, are they using "sex sells" for parrot food now?

For some reason it really amused me when I saw that they put a pretty woman’s face on this parrot food to help sell it: http://www.amazon.com/Browns-Nutrition- … arrot+food This is parrot food, not food for a person or that will miraculously make you hotter or get you a pretty girl. Every other parrot food bag has only parrots on it or nothing… silly F.M. Brown’s.

You gotta admit, that chick is hot though

but surely her big grin is just showing how happy she is that shes feeding such a high quality food and that her bond with the macaw is better because of it? :stuck_out_tongue:

For marketing purposes putting the image of a good looking person on a product is not supposed to make you think you’re going to end up with a pretty girl.It’s kind of the same way we train our birds through positive associations. The image on the product is of the woman smiling. Having someone smile around you is probably going to make you feel better. Having an attractive person smile will probably make you feel a lot better. The image is of a woman and not a man because a) both women and men identify with female faces and b) though women on average make the majority of purchasing decisions in a household, men are more likely to be the ones to go out to the store and make an actual purchase.Also, I don’t think it’s really a big stretch to put an image of a human with a bird on bird food. Humans relate to other humans, even if it comes to products meant for pets.

I understand advertisements but take a scroll through this list of parrot food on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ … arrot+foodAll of them have just parrots on the containers, except this single odd ball brand. It was just too weird.

I’ll buy anything if you put a cute animal on, forget the whole relating to people

it made me laugh alot

Hello people! Clearly if you are a man, and you feed that food to your bird, a hot chick will fall in love with said bird, also falling in love (or lust) with you.If you are a woman feeding that food to your bird, it is obvious you will loose weight, you’re skin tone will improve, and you will be deliriously happy. I just ordered 6 bags.

S_Toast wrote:Hello people! Clearly if you are a man, and you feed that food to your bird, a hot chick will fall in love with said bird, also falling in love (or lust) with you.If you are a woman feeding that food to your bird, it is obvious you will loose weight, you’re skin tone will improve, and you will be deliriously happy. I just ordered 6 bags. couple months of sexy bird food. Just pampering yourself huh?