What We Stand For

Our Community
This forum is open for you to converse on any topic you want. However, with the growing number of parrot owners and people interested in parrots seeking information on the internet, it is important that we protect against misinformation and philosophies that contradict with allowing these beautiful creatures to live a happy, loving, and engaged life in captivity.

Our forum has very powerful moderation tools that allow you (the community) to flag a post or contact a moderator or administrator at any time if you see something that should not be on the forum or someone spreading misinformation about parrots, especially parrot care. With that being said, here are some of our philosophies.

Engagement
As you may know, parrots are creatures who feel love, anger, pain, and pretty much all the emotions a human feels. This means it is important to build a bond with your bird and engaging them physically and mentally with positive interactions daily. We believe birds should spend quality time with us but also have the ability to self-entertain so that they are set up for success, which means having a large, fun, and interactive area for them to be when we aren’t around them.

I know people have their own opinions but I will not put up with any post/conversation on this forum suggesting a parrot should be kept in a cage all the time and that they are “just an animal”. If there is a post encouraging this type of behavior then please flag it and an administrator/moderator will be notified. I understand that life happens and things change. People get old, change jobs, or develop health problems to where they can’t care for their birds anymore. If you can’t find a sanctuary or need help getting that process started, feel free to message me.

Diet
We believe in a healthy diet made up of vegetables, legumes, and grains that change with the seasons, along with a healthy organic pellet. Seeds/nuts/fruits can be given but given as treats to encourage good behaviors, good interactions, and healthy limitations on those high fat/sugar foods. We also believe in not giving birds food 24/7, but rather 2 filling meals in the morning and evening.

We will not tolerate any post that encourages a bad diet for parrots; like putting your bird on an all-seed diet. If there is a post encouraging this type of behavior then please flag it and an administrator/moderator will be notified.

Questions and Comments
If you have any questions, comments, or would like to reach out. Please feel free to message me or post in the Site Feedback category.

Thank you, and enjoy the forum!
:slight_smile:

Please Read
85% of parrots are either resold, given away, or abandoned within just 2 short years of being purchased.

I cannot stress enough how heartbreaking this sad truth is… Too many people impulse buy parrots because of cute or funny traits they’vet seen in other birds.

A life stuck in a cage is cruel and so unfair to these magnificent beautiful creatures.
They deserve the absolute best!

So if you are interested in a parrot, adopt one because you have the time and energy and if you want to save them from a life stuck behind bars, not solely because they are cute or funny etc. Parrots are a LIFETIME commitment. They can live up to 80+ years!

I’ve given up many many things the to give my two parrots the best life they can possibly have! Please do your research before adopting.

After all, we have our friends, our jobs, and our hobbies.
They only have us.