Why are siblings so annoying!

It has taken for-ever for me to actually get my siblings (and parents) to listen to my request to stop feeding the birdies from their mouth. My sister is so ignorent of me! Basically thats the end of story, I say something and she just waves it away, and my brother, well he just tries to annoy me. If I ask my sister to stop (not happening) he will start too! Errgggg! It is very frustrating! I found two good pages that talk about the harm our saliva does to our parrots (one was talking about E-coli, and the other about funguses and bacteria. And if it goes unnoticed or treated the bird will die.) So i walked into the the room where Mum and my sister were sitting and read each of the paragraphs And then that sort of kind of convinced Mum, now if my sister continues I will just need to further back up my statement, and hopefully my parents will enforce a law (they just dont want to deal with our fighting and disagreements, which unlike this one ususally arent important.) will back me up too. (they decided not to back either of us because I am usually the one that gives up and walks away… and so when I didnt stop arguing about it, they told me to ‘drop it’ ) I just cant get over how frustratingly annoying brothers and sisters can be

Unfortunately, you will run into such annoying people all of your life, in situations where you must deal with them or sometimes where you just have to accept them for being annoying, so consider this to be practicing you people skills.

Chantilly, I really feel for you. I have an older brother and two adopted sisters younger than me. My brother being the "man child"was considered better than me. I hate it but that is the way my parents thought was best. The two sisters who were younger came from a bad back round to the point that I don’t know how they survived. I opened my heart and helped them as much as I could including emotional build up and was a good sister. But as it was with my brother if there was a dispute I would back down. If I did not my parent made me because they had such a bad life before us and that I was jelous and should be ashamed of myself. When Momma died I stepped in as the one they could come to for help. They could have asked me for help before that but considered me a lesser person because I always backed down.I don’t know how to help you except to tell you that I understand.I have a 3 species household of dogs, cats and birds that all get along. Of course the cockatiels are too small and too many to let out so they are free flight in their own room. If you cannot stop them from doing this than please pm me. I care for my “children” different than the others. I absorb the info I am given on the forum and use it whenever possible. I have been able to use my mommy skills to care for them.

It is hard being a sibling, Chantilly. At least your mom understands, so that helps you out. Regarding the articles, could you share them? I’m interested in reading them. My dad bit a coconut piece and gave Fajr the smaller piece, I handed i t right back to him, told him the problem, and so he cut another piece with the knife and gave it to him. It’s an uphill battle (I’ve repeated myself so many times!) But eventually it will click.

Wolf wrote:Unfortunately, you will run into such annoying people all of your life, in situations where you must deal with them or sometimes where you just have to accept them for being annoying, so consider this to be practicing you people skills.Haha, yes I guess that does make sense!shiraartain wrote:It is hard being a sibling, Chantilly. At least your mom understands, so that helps you out. Regarding the articles, could you share them? I’m interested in reading them. My dad bit a coconut piece and gave Fajr the smaller piece, I handed i t right back to him, told him the problem, and so he cut another piece with the knife and gave it to him. It’s an uphill battle (I’ve repeated myself so many times!) But eventually it will click.Thankyou Shiraartin, and sure thing http://www.naturechest.com/toptendaforb.htmlhttp://www.petparrot.com/Illnesses.htm#E-coliThere is only a small blob on both of them regarding saliva, but they make it pretty clear that it is very dangerous.The fist sites 'paragraph on it was only like four senteces long…

Ok, three sentences!			image.jpg (10.68 KiB) Viewed 1724 times

http://www.naturechest.com/toptendaforb.html

liz wrote:Chantilly, I really feel for you. I have an older brother and two adopted sisters younger than me. My brother being the "man child"was considered better than me. I hate it but that is the way my parents thought was best. The two sisters who were younger came from a bad back round to the point that I don’t know how they survived. I opened my heart and helped them as much as I could including emotional build up and was a good sister. But as it was with my brother if there was a dispute I would back down. If I did not my parent made me because they had such a bad life before us and that I was jelous and should be ashamed of myself. When Momma died I stepped in as the one they could come to for help. They could have asked me for help before that but considered me a lesser person because I always backed down.I don’t know how to help you except to tell you that I understand.I have a 3 species household of dogs, cats and birds that all get along. Of course the cockatiels are too small and too many to let out so they are free flight in their own room. If you cannot stop them from doing this than please pm me. I care for my “children” different than the others. I absorb the info I am given on the forum and use it whenever possible. I have been able to use my mommy skills to care for them.Thankyou Liz, I really, really appreciate this, and If I cant convince my family to stop, I will take you up on your offer(If you dont mind!)! I never stop learning on this forum, and even when I have nothing to type about, I always really look foward to coming here and talking to you all each afternoon, thankyou (I really wish there was a hug smilie on here :hug: !) :hug: :hug: