WWHHHHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO I found him! :D

I found my budgie again! I found been looking for hours. He’s in good shape. But maybe a bit hungry. So I’ll feed him. And also give him a bath. For those of you the called me an idiot, you would care for me and my bird then calling people names!I feel happy again!

Skip, we do care for your bird, that is why we posted to advise you to never ever take any bird outside unrestrained (carrier or harness only) Flighted and unflighted birds can fly, can get killed by predatore etc. Your budgie is relying on YOU to keep him safe, so in future, please DO NOT take him out unrestrained. You were very lucky to get him back and your budgie is very lucky to be alive.

Well in my other topic someone called me an idiot. I don’t know if he was caring or not.

Caring towards birds, not towards irresponsible owners. Just trying to save future birds from the wrong hands

Skip, arent you thinking about getting another bird? I think before you do, you need to learn a bit more about bird behaviours, safety etc. You need to read past threads about what happened to other people who were very careful with their birds and the birds still got away. You DELIBERATELY took your bird outside unrestrained based on "he has never flown away before". That attitude sucks, there is always a first time and he will fly away again should you take him out. Or is that what you want so you can get another bird? Sorry to sound harsh but you dont seem to be getting it. You seemed, to me anyway, more concerned about how you felt than the safety of your bird.

Mum2rory wrote:Skip, arent you thinking about getting another bird? I think before you do, you need to learn a bit more about bird behaviours, safety etc. You need to read past threads about what happened to other people who were very careful with their birds and the birds still got away. You DELIBERATELY took your bird outside unrestrained based on “he has never flown away before”. That attitude sucks, there is always a first time and he will fly away again should you take him out. Or is that what you want so you can get another bird? Sorry to sound harsh but you dont seem to be getting it. You seemed, to me anyway, more concerned about how you felt than the safety of your bird.I’d have to agree with you there. Skip, Taking a bird outside is just totally unfair for the bird, you get 5 or 6 days of him staying on your hand outside and when he decides to fly off of your hand you seem surprised. They fly due to natural instinct, not if they want to stay with you or not. Don’t get me wrong, I am very happy for you that you found him but for the sake of you and your bird, please don’t take him out again.

come on guys give Ray a break, he did 1 mistake so what ? every body makes mistakes and thats why when someone faces a problem he posts here on the forum so he can get help not to be blamed . mum2rory already told him not to take a parrot without a harness outside . thats enoughand please take look at the topic’s name , wwhoooooooo hooooooo i found him . so we should be calibrating mistakes can be done by anyone even Experienced users can make mistakes.

I guess I got kinda angry. Soz ray.

Well, I am not sorry for saying it how it is. In my mind, the birds welfare comes first and foremost. Until Ray says he WILL NOT EVER take a bird outside again unrestrained, and he has not said that he wont, I will still worry for the safety of the bird/s. Sorry if that sounds harsh. When we take on a bird, or any pet, we must put their safety first and do everything to provide for and protect them. It is a commitment we take on cos they rely on us, its called "pet ownership"