You know you're spending too much time at the pet store when

…the manager comes up to you and tells you that whenever you want to buy the yellow-headed Amazon, he’ll be more than happy to set you up with a monthly payment plan.I think he was only half-joking. I told him that I live in residence, and that even if I could have pets, my neighbours probably wouldn’t appreciate the noise. And that even though I love the Amazons’ spunk and personality, they’re a little too hot-tempered for my taste.It was funny though. They know me pretty well in there now; I’m one of the few people their birds won’t try to bite (most of the time) or fly away from.

Lol!!Yep, that sounds like a pretty good indication.I knew I was spending too much time in the pet store when my dog got free from home and made his way to the pet store.He’d learned the directions off by heart because we’d been going almost weekly, haha!

haha thats cool…also when you know all their stock (and prices) but go their anyways

… all the employees (even the part-timers) know you by name… and your pets names, when you’re friends with the manager on Facebook, when you know exactly when the best sales happen before they announce them.

I had this happen to me yesterday … I went to the bird store to try and build my confidence with handling larger birds. When I walked in, a certain employee asked me if I was going to finally pick out a bird because my husband and I literally go there once a week and play with the different birds …

It’s just too much fun. How can you stay away? I was in again today actually, and the Amazon talked to me. She said ‘hello’ when I came up to her, and I’m almost certain that when she said ‘good bird’, she said it in my voice. It’s both flattering and slightly creepy to hear your own voice coming out of a bird. We also spent several minutes just purring back and forth at each other. She’s so cute!

Saerphe wrote:She said ‘hello’ when I came up to her, and I’m almost certain that when she said ‘good bird’, she said it in my voice. It’s both flattering and slightly creepy to hear your own voice coming out of a bird. I have a deposit on a Congo African Grey baby and I’m still thinking about how weird its going to be when I finally hear it say something … The first time I heard a budgie talk was from a YouTube video. My first impression was of a demented cartoon character. Budgies are very cute, dont get me wrong, their voices are just soo creepy … And no, I can’t stay away! Im addicted to going to the bird store!

brfussne wrote:Saerphe wrote:She said ‘hello’ when I came up to her, and I’m almost certain that when she said ‘good bird’, she said it in my voice. It’s both flattering and slightly creepy to hear your own voice coming out of a bird. I have a deposit on a Congo African Grey baby and I’m still thinking about how weird its going to be when I finally hear it say something … The first time I heard a budgie talk was from a YouTube video. My first impression was of a demented cartoon character. Budgies are very cute, dont get me wrong, their voices are just soo creepy … And no, I can’t stay away! Im addicted to going to the bird store! Creepy, really? I think budgies sound so cute when they talk. Like little miniature darth vaders hehe I’m hoping mine will eventually talk!

allirho wrote:brfussne wrote:Saerphe wrote:She said ‘hello’ when I came up to her, and I’m almost certain that when she said ‘good bird’, she said it in my voice. It’s both flattering and slightly creepy to hear your own voice coming out of a bird. I have a deposit on a Congo African Grey baby and I’m still thinking about how weird its going to be when I finally hear it say something … The first time I heard a budgie talk was from a YouTube video. My first impression was of a demented cartoon character. Budgies are very cute, dont get me wrong, their voices are just soo creepy … And no, I can’t stay away! Im addicted to going to the bird store! Creepy, really? I think budgies sound so cute when they talk. Like little miniature darth vaders hehe I’m hoping mine will eventually talk!Little Darth Vaders? haha! The youtube video I saw, the Budgie had a very high pitch squeaky voice … it was funny & kinda creepy. I had no idea Budgies had such high pitch voices … but then again, I can’t assume they’d have deep ones either. I’ll have to try to find the video & post it so you can hear the Budgie talk.

Here’s the video … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO3pG5fTk60