YouTube - please embed your videos

Hi Everyone,I noticed a lot more YouTube videos being posted as a link rather than embedding it.It’s really easy to embed it and makes possible to watch videos within the forum.See Michael’s instructionsviewtopic.php?f=6&t=201

Thanks for pointing that out. I’m new to the forum, and while I’ve tried to read everything about what I’m supposed to do and how I’m supposed to do it, there’s a LOT of information here. Plus, I’m trying to go back and see if my questions have been asked/answered somewhere else within the past two years so I don’t ask the same question for the 32’nd time… it’s all rather overwhelming at first. If you happen to notice I’ve done something wrong (or could have done it better/easier), please (EVERYONE!) be sure to let me know!!!

I’ve tried to embed my videos, but for some reason I can’t get them to. Even after reading the FAQ about it, I couldn’t get it.

I have struggled with embedding my videos also.

Hmm. Well, if I ever post any to share, I’ll let y’all know if I can do it or not. My only video camera is on my phone, and while it’s a pretty good camera, it’s really slow uploading - so I usually don’t bother. I’ll keep you posted though…

best is to preview your post before you post it and you’ll see if its blank or a big white square or if its working.if its a square then its just the wrong code so play around with it. so to start you just click the youtube button next to “font colour” and then this appears:youtube][/youtube (in the front and end of it there should be a [ and a ] but I just left them out so that you can see the code)in between the brackets ][ in the centre before [/youtube] you just post the code from the youtube video.for instance my video’ s link is:ww.youtube.com/watch?v=jxhoNkn6CkU&feature=channel_video_titleall i need is the letters after the ‘v=’ up to the ‘&’ so i only need 'jxhoNkn6CkU’then I just paste the ‘jxhoNkn6CkU’ inbetween the brackets ][ and i should have something like this:youtube]jxhoNkn6CkU[/youtube (again with a [ in the front and a ] at the end which i left out in order for you to see the code)just preview the post to make sure it came out ok. make sure not to leave any spaces and if its ok then post:)

idlepirate wrote:best is to preview your post before you post it and you’ll see if its blank or a big white square or if its working.if its a square then its just the wrong code so play around with it.This is a good explanation and might make more sense to people than the original one I posted. So why don’t you post that as a response to the youtube embedding guide as an alternate explanation.

http://theparrotforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=201

Michael wrote:idlepirate wrote:best is to preview your post before you post it and you’ll see if its blank or a big white square or if its working.if its a square then its just the wrong code so play around with it.This is a good explanation and might make more sense to people than the original one I posted. So why don’t you post that as a response to the youtube embedding guide as an alternate explanation. It definitely is helpful. I was posting the entire link up until the & symbol.

http://theparrotforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=201

This is a good explanation and might make more sense to people than the original one I posted. So why don’t you post that as a response to the youtube embedding guide as an alternate explanation. will do glad it makes sense